Social Accountability Auditor
Who Should Attend?
Those who manage supplier relations and have a role in influencing or monitoring the social, environmental and ethical conduct of suppliers. You should attend this course if you are responsible for monitoring and or vetting supplier compliance and performance against the ETI base code, SA8000 or other and ethical codes of conduct. This course is suitable for:
• Technical Managers
• Product Managers
• Supplier auditors
Candidates must be aware of the ETI base code and SA8000 Standard but do not require an
in-depth knowledge. All candidates are expected to understand the basics of why social and ethical issues are important.
Aims and Objectives
To provide a sound background in, and familiarity with, the ETI base code and SA8000.
To provide fundamental knowledge, practical guidance and the necessary skills to enable attendees to confidently audit against labour standards in the supplier workplace.
On successfully completing the course, delegates will be able to:
• State the key requirements of recognised standards relating to social and ethical trading.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses of an organisations labour standards and working conditions.
• State the key stages of an ethical supplier audit.
• Successfully plan and execute such an audit.
• Recognise the limitations and difficulties faced when conducting an audit.
• Capture information within audit reports and effectively communicate audit findings.
• Introduction to Audits
• The Role and Responsibilities of an Auditor
• Planning an Audit
• Creating a Positive Audit Environment
• Gathering and Reviewing Evidence: Documentation, Observation, Interviews, Audit Reporting, Delivering Feedback and Dealing with Non Conformances
This is an intensive two day course and will involve role play combined with interactive exercises and group discussion. Candidates will be challenged regularly, and ongoing feedback will be delivered throughout the course.
Duration: 2 days
Max. No. of delegates: 10
Min. No. of delegates: 6
Course code: SA01
Next open course date: no dates scheduled
Open course: n/a
In house: POA
Additional fees: n/a
> For more information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us